Saturday, August 20, 2016
Nearly two weeks ago I took a leap of faith. I did probably one of the most reckless, brave, and exciting things in my life. I left both of my jobs to chase my dreams. I left my family. I left my best friend. I left my home. I left my dog. I left my comfort zone. All for my childhood dreams.
Crazy right?
Yes.
Ever since I was a little girl I have had this big, terrifying, dream of being a Pastry Chef, and now I am living that dream. When I was 19, I started working in a professional kitchen, while going to school to obtain an associates degree in business. Fast forward, after graduating with that degree, I enrolled in culinary school at the Oregon Culinary Institute in Portland. Fast forward a little more, I have finished the schooling aspect of that and am now on my externship to complete my program, which brings us to the craziest thing I've done.
Last week, I arrived in Yosemite National Park, in California, to work as a Pastry Chef, at the Majestic Hotel here. Might I add it is a 4 Diamond resort. I didn't even know that was a thing, you guys. I am now studying and working under a phenomenal pastry chef, who owns numerous businesses, has worked at multiple 4 Diamond resorts, and is just a complete wealth of knowledge.
And on top of all of this I am living in an Oregon girl's paradise. Trees and mountains everywhere.
As I sit here writing this, to whoever is reading right now, I am staring out the window at one of the largest mountains I have ever seen, and I cannot help but be humbled.
Who would have thought I would have ever been here? Certainly not me. I have an overwhelming amount of gratitude to everyone who has helped get me here, whether it had been a few encouraging words from friends and coworkers, or my parents and family, who have continuously supported me through ever single second of my life. And to God, because you and I both know without everything He has done, for every living creature, absolutely none of this would be possible.
How absolutely humbling is that? I have done nothing to deserve all of this love, and the life I have been living and yet here it is. Right in the palm of my hand. That's wild.
I have only been here for a week and a half and I feel as if I could type pages and pages about everything I've learned so far, in the culinary industry, about life, and about my own self.
I can only imagine everything to happen in the next seven weeks to come.
What a ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment